3/10/2018 2:37 PM
March 31 - Free Seminar
Severe weather or an earthquake WILL create these Vashon conditions:
- The power out for days or longer
- Homes damaged, roads closed
- Phones not working well or at all
- Our Fire Department overloaded with emergency responses
- Ferries stop serving Vashon – docks may be damaged or boats needed elsewhere
- Gas, supplies and groceries not arriving from the mainland
- Families separated – some folks stranded off-island; many can’t get to work
Learn the ropes to be resilient – not to mention well-fed!
Four hours packed with resources, advice & island information: Saturday, March 31 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Farcy Training Center at main campus of Vashon Fire & Rescue on Bank Rd.
Free – and open to everyone
Bring a snack and your water bottle (very short breaks; no lunch break)
✓ Household preparedness for a typical 2-week situation where you need options for food, water, meds, sanitation, heat, cooking, refrigeration, shelter & more
✓ Electrical and gas safety – presenter from Puget Sound Energy
✓ Household fires: typical causes & prevention; fire safety and using fire extinguishers
✓ Teaming-up with your neighbors: how to pre-organize for effective support
✓ Island communications when phones/internet are compromised
✓ How various citizen groups support the Fire Dept. & Sheriff finding lost persons and responding to disasters large & small – and how YOU can help
Sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org 206-949-1184…Jan Milligan can answer your questions
More resources: www.vashonbeprepared.org and www.vifr.org