Vashon Food Bank
The Vashon Maury Community Food Bank, located at Sunrise Ridge behind the Neighborcare clinic, provides nutritious food to anyone and offers both delivery and pick-up programs.
New COVID-19 pick-up hours: Wednesday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Customers fill out an order form to be packed by staff and volunteers.
- Please fill out your order and wait in your car until the groceries are packed.
- For those who arrive on foot, there is outdoor seating where customers can wait at an appropriate distance from one another.
- Staff and volunteers packing bags follow stringent sanitation protocols.
Home delivery for anyone in need
- Home delivery bags are packed from the same shopping list as pick-ups
- Delivery to island homes happens on Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m and Friday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- For more information about the food bank or to sign up for delivery, call 206-463-6332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Nutrition Program
The Vashon Island School District offers meals for any district students who need them. Those who are interested should complete the community survey so the district can plan for quantities. Information here.
Families can access free breakfast and lunch for students via drop off or pick up:
- VISD bus drivers will deliver meals to designated pick up locations around Vashon. See the route information and schedule to find the time and location of your nearest pick up.
- Families may pick up a meal from the kitchen at Vashon High School between 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on scheduled school days. Please note at this time Washington State asks that students be present for meal pickup. This requirement may change in the future.
- Adults may purchase meals at the high school or at the bus drop-off locations for $5.
The Interfaith Council to Prevent Homelessness
The Interfaith Council to Prevent Homelessness (IFCH) is now accepting applications for housing assistance for rent and utilities costs. IFCH’s Community Meals program has now changed to a brown-bag grab-n-go process that provides food to anyone at 5:30 p.m. at the Methodist church Sundays through Thursdays.
Vashon Senior Center
The Vashon Senior Center delivers lunches on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to seniors who have requested meals. Isolated seniors may sign up by calling the Center at 206-463-5173, email email@example.com or fill out the online form.
Area Agency on Aging for Seattle and King County coordinates services for older adults, family caregivers, veterans and people with disabilities in King County. Phone: 206-684-0660 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Facebook page, Vashon COVID-19 Community Helpers, has been set up to match volunteers to folks in need. This group also shares information and resources to islanders navigating the pandemic.
Washington State has compiled a list of resources, from financial assistance to supporting children at home, for individuals and families during the pandemic.
Rental and Living Expenses Assistance
If unable to pay rent, first, contact your landlord. Washington State has issued a proclamation that no evictions can take place through June 4. If you need help with rent or to avoid eviction, see Washington State Department of Health and Human Services.
The Interfaith Council to Prevent Homelessness and Vashon Youth & Family Services can offer support, call 206-463-5511 or visit https://vyfs.org/resources for an extensive list of island resources.
St. Vincent de Paul Society Vashon
If you or a neighbor you know needs help with rent, utilities, food or other basic needs, leave a message in English or Spanish on our Help Hotline at 206.450.7577.
You can support our work by sending a check to the St. Vincent de Paul Society, PO Box 308, Vashon, WA 98070. Thank you for helping of our neighbors in need. https://stjohnvianneyvashon.com/st-vincent-de-paul