There are several ways to get tested for COVID-19 on and off of Vashon, depending on your reasons for needing testing, your timeline, and ability to travel.
Vashon’s Medical Reserve Corps (MRC), after providing on-island testing since the early days of our pandemic activation, is joining other elements of the VashonBePrepared activation in moving to Standby/Monitoring level. The MRC has shut down its testing site at the O Space as of Friday, June 25, but continues to provide contact tracing for Vashon in support of Public Health -- Seattle & King County. The MRC will come back in response to developments if needed.
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, have symptoms, or have already tested positive, and would like to talk to someone about getting tested and/or next steps, here are some options with the support of Vashon’s Medical Reserve Corps:
- If you have been exposed to someone known to have COVID-19, please call the MRC at (844) 469-4554 to assess your risk and to facilitate testing and possible quarantine.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please call the MRC at (844) 469-4554 to discuss isolation and notification/testing of those you may have exposed.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, but have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, the MRC recommends you talk to your healthcare provider and seek testing from one of the sites listed here. This is especially important if you have not been vaccinated.
If you need a COVID-19 test for travel, a medical procedure, or for your work you can be tested at one of these testing sites. You can also get more locations and updated information by calling the King County COVID-19 information line (206) 477-3966
- Vashon Pharmacy: VashonPharmacy.com/COVID, (206) 463-9118
Online registration required for PCR home test with 48-72 hr turnaround. Requires UPS drop-off. Test is free.
Sea Mar clinic: www.seamar.org/king-medical-vashon, (206) 463-3671
Rapid antigen tests are available giving immediate results; best suited for symptomatic patients. Insurance is billed.
- Vashon Natural Medicine: VashonNaturalMed.com, (206) 463-4778
Provides testing for Vashon Natural Medicine patients by appointment.
UW West Seattle: UWmedicine.org/CoronaVirus/Testing
Drop in PCR testing with online registration. Provides 24-hour turnaround. Testing is free.
- Curative: Curative.com
Locations in West Seattle and Tacoma provide self-collected PCR tests with 24–48-hour turnaround for those with COVID-19 symptoms or exposure. Insurance is billed.
- SCAN - Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network: ScanPublicHealth.org
At-home testing initiated via online request for a home test kit. Tests are PCR, with a 48-hour turnaround after sending back. Testing is free.